The objective of the Competition is to support projects that will develop young people’s social competence useful for them both today and in their adult lives. Through their active participation in the project, we want young people to develop their skills of:
- using opportunities – by which we mean they should learn to see their environment in new, different way, in an interesting form, looking at its values and limitations. At the same time, we want them to learn their own strong and weak points;
- effective planning – by which we mean active participation of young people in setting targets and schedules for their projects, and assessing the real outcomes. Also, we want young people to learn how to be successful and achieve their targets;
- winning other people – by which we mean giving young people an opportunity to check their abilities in new relations with other people and institution, as well as learn to work in team – for example to set new goals beneficial to all;
- being self-confident – by which we mean strengthening their trust they can achieve their personal success by giving them an opportunity to implement their projects. It is also important that the young people know how to present their activities and achievements in public.
Eligible to apply for a grant of up to PLN 40,000 awarded in the National Grant Competition for the projects implemented over the period of 15 months are NGOs operating in rural areas and towns of up to 20,000 residents, as well as culture centers and libraries that have received at least one grant in an “Equal Opportunities” Regional Grant Competition since 2007.
The Competition consists of two stages:
- a local community diagnosis;
- development of a plan of activities for 15 months.
The deadline for applications is on March 16, 2020.