Under the program, village and small town communities receive support. Residents carry out joint civic projects that meet their local needs, help stimulate development aspirations and improve quality of life, and as a result stimulate building social capital.
Act Locally is the national initiative under which grants are awarded at a local level by the involvement of the Act Locally Centers Network. The AALC network includes associations and foundations operating in villages and towns of up to 50,000 residents covering the area of from four rural communes or municipalities to several districts. The organizations are selected in an open competition by the selection committee. Today, the network comprises 71 organizations, including 11 Affiliated ALCs and covers the area of over 600 rural communes and municipalities. There are at least two ALCs in each province. They establish cooperation with other NGOs, as well as local governments and businesses. Local competitions are addressed to NGOs and informal groups of citizens whose applications can be submitted by public organizations or institutions (schools, culture centers, libraries) operating in villages or towns with population of up to 20,000.
Eligible to participate in the competition for Affiliated Act Locally Centers are associations and foundations meeting the following criteria:
- Their seat is in a villages and towns of up to 50,000 residents,
- They have sufficient resources, experience and are ready to follow Act Locally program rules in awarding grants financed from their own funds under local competitions for civic projects at the area of from four to a dozen of rural communes and municipalities, excluding those areas where other Act Locally Centers have already been operating under the “Act Locally” Program:
- They have experience in running social projects and act for local development and their mission is in line with the “Act Locally” objectives and values,
- They have experience and are successful in raising funds from various sources,
- They cooperate with numerous local partners,
- They want to join the national Act Locally Centers network and use its resources as well as receive seed grants of up to PLN 15,000 a year for organization of local grant competitions.
Those Affiliated Act Locally Centers that join Act Locally Centers network can:
- use the recognizable “Act Locally” brand,
- receive seed grants of up to PLN 15,000 a year for organization of local grant competitions,
- cooperate and share their experiences with other ALCs,
- take part in various free-of-charge training sessions, workshops, seminars and annual ALC network congresses,
- get access to various solutions and tools used in NGO management and local community activation,
- get access to electronic generator allowing to run online local grant competitions,
- receive subventions for organization of regional ALCs meetings and study tours allowing experience sharing
- use funds available under the program (e.g. media fund), take part in competitions (e.g. for a prize in ALC Good Practice competition),
- get expert support and on-going substantive support from Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland.
Organizations interested in participation in the network may apply by September 30, 2019.
Detailed information on recruitment can be obtained from Paweł Zań, Act Locally Program Coordinator, tel. 22 622 02 09 ext. 15 and via e-mail email@example.com
“Act Locally” is the Polish-American Freedom Freedom Foundation’s program managed by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland.