The Polish Children and Youth Foundation has announced the Regional Grant Competition run as part of the PAFF “Equal Opportunities 2018” Program. Its objective is to equal opportunities of young people starting into their adult life, in order to make those who come from small towns and villages able to act on their own and on purpose to meet objectives set by themselves when planning ahead their future.
The objective of the competition is to support various projects allowing young people to develop their passions and hobbies and improve their social skills. By participating in projects implementation young people shall realize the key to success lies in their hands to a much bigger extent than they expect. It shall make young people from small towns and villages feel important and noticed, believe their fate is in their hands and what’s more – it can be fascinating!
The project participants shall be from 13 to 19 years old (students of seventh or eighth years of elementary school, as well as of junior and senior high schools) from villages or small towns with up to 20,000 residents.
The Regional Grant Competition offers grants of up to PLN 8,500 for projects that shall be implemented over the period of six months, from February 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019.
The following organizations from villages and towns with up to 20,000 residents are eligible to apply for a grant:
- district, municipal and communal libraries;
- municipal and communal culture centers;
- NGOs (registered in the National Court Register or District Business Registers as associations and/or foundations);
- Voluntary Fire Brigades;
- informal groups of adults;
The most important dates:
- August 16, 2018 – Competition announcement;
- September 15 and 22, 2018 – Training sessions on “How to prepare an application to the Equal Opportunities” Program”?;
- October 25, 2018 (12 p.m.) – deadline for the competition applications;
- December 10, 2018 – Competition results announcement;
The Regional Grant Competition is organized in cooperation with the following four Regional Partners of the “Equal Opportunities” Program:
- The Svetovid Association of Małachów Szemborowice, acting as the competition coordinator in Pomorskie, Zachodniopomorskie, Wielkopolskie, and Lubuskie provinces;
- Alternative Education Society of Opole, acting as the competition coordinator in Dolnośląskie, Opolskie, Śląskie, and Łódzkie provinces;
- STOPA Ełk Association of the Active of Ełk, acting as the competition coordinator in Podlaskie, Mazowieckie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, and Warmińsko-Mazurskie provinces,
- SMK Local Fund Foundation of Zbydniów, acting as the competition coordinator in Małopolskie, Podkarpackie, Lubelskie, and Świętokrzyskie provinces.
Each Partner shall carry out a Competition promotional campaign in their region, keep a hotline informing about the Competition, and set up a Regional Expert Commission.
Detailed information on the Competition can be found at www.rownacszanse.pl.