The Polish-American Freedom Foundation and the Leaders of Change Foundation hereby announce the open contest for the Lane Kirkland Scholarships for the academic year 2022/23.
The program, launched in 2000, aims at sharing Polish experiences in transformation with students from Eastern Europe the Caucasus and Central Asia with two semester complementary studies at Polish universities. Under individual study programs, Lane Kirkland scholarship holders study selected aspects of such fields as economics and management, public administration and business, law, social and political sciences.
Since 2017, part of scholarships under Kirkland Program are financed by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange.
Currently, the program is addressed to candidates from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan who represent the following environments:
- Experts, politicians, civil service, self-government;
- Entrepreneurs, managers;
- NGOs leaders, cultural and social activity animators;
- Academic teachers;
Fields of study
- economics and management;
- administration/management (of business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health service);
- public administration (government and local government);
- social sciences (psychology, sociology);
- political sciences and international relations;
- developmental policy and humanitarian aid;
- security and cybersecurity
- environmental protection;
- crisis management;
- must be a citizen of and reside in one of the above-mentioned countries (holders of the residence in Poland cards can not apply for the Lane Kirkland Scholarships);
- must have a diploma of higher education (master’s degree);
- must be under 40 of age;
- knowledge of Polish at the level sufficient to participate in academic courses and write the diploma thesis or knowledge of English if the candidate indicates the precise educational offer available in English (in such a case the passive knowledge of Polish is accepted);
- professional experience – at least 2 years;
Preferred are candidates who:
- are active in their professional and social environments;
- have significant achievements;
- have not studied in Poland yet;
Applications from candidates:
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2022.