The competition for Polish-American Freedom Foundation Sector 3.0 Award - PLN 40,000 that will go to social organizations using new technologies in their work - is held for the 11th time. Deadline for applications is on March 31.
“The objective of Polish-American Freedom Foundation Sector 3.0 Award is to appreciate and support those organizations that know how to use effectively the opportunities offered by dynamic development of ICT. Agency and effective work as well as skillful communicating the results and ability to use all available resources , also via the Internet, are extremely important qualities in a social organization. Sector 3.0 Award means financial support in the amount of PLN 40,000 and promotion of the winners all over Poland,” Polish-American Freedom Foundation Program Director Radosław Jasiński says.
The Award goes to organizations that use ICT tools to achieve socially useful goals. In assessing the applications the Competition Committee is guided by the following criteria :
- The scope and effects of activities implemented with the use of new ICT in the third sector;
- Experience and achievements in the area of ICT creation, development, adjustment or examination of ICT solutions applied for NGO activities;
- Practical benefits for NGO of the hitherto organization’s activities in the area of new technologies;
- Innovative and practical use of the Internet tools, applications, dedicated software, and computer systems.
The Competition Committee
The Competition Committee will select organizations which in its opinion use the technologies best and it will present them as the positive examples of third sector activities. The winner or winners, who will get a grant for their statutory activities, will be selected from among the candidates. The this-year’s Competition Committee is composed of: Urszula Krasnodębska-Maciuła (Klon/Jawor Association), Michał Jaworski (Microsoft), Konrad Ciesiołkiewicz (Orange Foundation), Jacek Królikowski (Information Society Development Foundation), and it is chaired by Radosław Jasiński, representing Polish-American Freedom Foundation.
Winners in the previous rounds
Over the time of more than ten years of its existence, the Award was presented to outstanding organizations that have been fulfilling their missions to date and actively support their communities, while continuing applying bigger and bigger opportunities offered by new technologies in their activities. The winners of the Award in previous years are:
- 2013 Visible Foundation
- 2014 Itaka Foundation
- 2015 Katarynka – adapter.pl Foundation
- 2016 TUS – niepelnosprawnik.pl Foundation
- 2017 Empowering Children Foundation
- 2018 Rzeczjasna Possible Initiatives Association
- 2019 Watchdog Poland Citizens Network
- 2020 Virtual Dream Foundation
- 2021 Demagogue Association
- 2022 Homo Faber Association
Submissions for this-year’s round of the competition – proposals of candidates for the Award – can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with annotation PAFF Sector 3.0 Award 2023 by March 31, 2023. The Rules and Regulations of the competition are available on Sector 3.0 program website. The winner will be announced online on May 17 during the Sector 3.0 Festival.
Learn more about the activities carried out by the winners of former rounds of the Award