Launched in 2004, the program is addressed to active students and professionals in Eastern Europe. The objective of the program is to get the tour participants acquainted with the reality of Poland and the European Union, as well as develop and strengthen professional and personal ties of leaders from Eastern Europe with their Polish hosts.
“STP” for students consist of a dozen busy days during which the young people get acquainted with various aspects of life in Poland, also in the EU context; the visitors attend various educational workshops, and have an opportunity to make friends and get to know more about their peers in neighboring countries. Important part of the program is also learning about the NGOs and various forms of civic activity.
Among other things, the agenda of a tour includes:
- meetings with public leaders in Poland;
- visits to public offices and institutions;
- learning about history and culture of Poland;
- showing the specificity of various regions;
- visits to newspaper, radio and TV offices, meetings with journalists;
- presentations on NGOs, their position in the society, dialogue with various-level authorities, and activities for the benefit of local communities;
- presentations on innovation in business, and business activity;
Study tours last from 10 to 12 days. They are prepared and implemented by experienced Polish NGOs selected in a tender procedure. To date, the students have visited Białystok, Gdańsk, Gdynia, Kraków, Lublin, Łódź, Nowy Sącz, Olsztyn, Poznań, Szczecin, Świętochłowice, Toruń, Warszawa, and Wrocław, among other places.
The “Study Tours to Poland” Program Manager is the Leaders of Change Foundation. The tour coordinator is the Borussia Foundation.
Applications can be submitted online on by September 29, 2022 (by 23:59 hrs. CET).
The enrollment rules and regulations as well as criteria to be met by the candidates can be found at the program website: