What can the grants be used for?
The money can be used for preparing, carrying out and summing up initiatives/actions/ideas. In this round we especially encourage to apply for grants those who want to network in their sectors (culture center directors, voluntary firemen, leaders of youth groups/organizations, forest education, etc.) or at a regional level, e.g. within one province.
Activities planned by the alumni may include the following:
- Developmental and on-line networking activities,
- Thematic meetings,
- Congresses or regional meetings,
- Joint work on developing model, systemic solutions,
- Thematic study tours,
- job-shadowing/mentoring for alumni by alumni,
- consulting/Alumni for Alumni tutoring,
- traveling or cyclical exhibition, festivals, meetings, workshops,
- other activities serving meeting the objectives of the Fund.
The grant can be used for paying the following costs:
- Access to the Internet platforms and tools,
- Trips, travel diets, catering and accommodation,
- Remuneration for a tutor, expert or specialist in a given field,
- Participation in training sessions, conferences, seminars, study tours, etc.,
- Purchase of educational aids,
- Making a publication, video, or graphics presenting the outcome of the initiative,
- Others, depending on the nature of the project,
- Administrative and coordination costs – up to 15 per cent of the project value.
Grants won’t be awarded for:
- Financing the participation of people who are not members of alumni network (such people can participate if it doesn’t generate additional costs.)
- Remunerating the alumni and organizers participating in the project (other than administrative and coordination costs – up to 15 per cent of the grant value.)
- Equipment purchase (e.g. a computer, a camera, a video recorder.)
- Tours of tourist, leisure, sports or recreation nature,
- Individual development projects – courses, training sessions, study tours.
Who can apply?
The Fund is addressed to alumni of the “Polish-American Freedom Foundation Leaders” program.
Amount of the grant
The total amount is up to PLN 4,000 for a project and is paid from funds of the Polish-American Freedom Foundation.
Applying to the FAI
The alumni initiative shall be submitted by filling in an application for a grant.
The application deadline is on October 3, 2022.