If you have at least 3 years of experience in working for a particular community, and especially if you have carried out a project financed by the Polish-American Freedom Foundation – apply now!
Through this program, your actions will reach a new level and gain a new momentum.
The School for Leaders Foundation is accepting applications until March 1, 2021.
The program will enable you to:
- See your actions in a new light – you will set goals and recognize your strengths;
- Gain competencies that will make you more efficient – you’ll be able to create a convincing vision and learn how to involve others into your projects; you’ll also learn how to implement changes effectively;
- Get to know yourself better thanks to a year-long focus on self-development;
- Meet a unique group of active people from various NGOs, local governments and the business sector. You’ll have a chance to form relationships that will last long after the program has been completed.
- a 12-month-long individual work with a tutor;
- 4 training sessions;
- study visits all around Poland;
- a program for alumni.
The objective of this program, implemented by the School for Leaders Foundation, is to support development of skills and qualifications of individuals working for the benefit of their communities. This is achieved mainly through use of the tutorial method consisting in regular cooperation of an experienced tutor with a local leader. The program is addressed to active participants of projects financed under various programs of the Polish-American Freedom Foundation, especially “Act Locally”, “Equal Opportunities”, “English Teaching”, “Region in Transition” (RITA), “PAFF Local Partnerships” and the Library Development Program. The core part of the program is a twelve-month cooperation between a leader and a tutor coupled with a series of training sessions adapted to the participants’ particular needs and priorities. It focuses first of all on interpersonal development planning, team building, managing an organization, communication, community involvement and building a local partnership. The skills acquired in the program shall help leaders in taking up activities benefiting their local communities. As a result of the program’s fifteen rounds 706 local leaders from all over Poland improved their qualifications, and they established an active nationwide network.