The Polish-American Freedom Foundation (PAFF) and University of Warsaw (UW) School of Education won in the 2nd round of the Studies with a Good Future competition carried out by the Polish Degree Courses Accreditation Program. The ceremony of presenting certificates was held at the Ball Hall of the Tyszkiewicz-Potocki Palace in Warsaw on April 13. The School was represented by Prof Jolanta Sujecka-Zając, SE Director, and Dr Katarzyna Maniszewska, PAFF Program Director and the Board of School Chairperson.
The certificates are awarded based on the opinion given by members of the expert commission representing the Education and Higher Education Development Foundation as well as academic and business circles. The degree courses are assessed in great detail – each candidate goes through triple verification by three independent experts. Among other things, the experts assess innovativeness, assumed outcomes of education, teaching methods and forms and extent of the submitted candidate’s cooperation with employers.
Among candidates submitted to the competition were 1st and 2nd degree courses, full-time 5-year MA/MSc courses as well as post-graduate courses. The program certifies the courses and specializations that stand out at the educational market with their modern concept of educating and the highest quality of the curriculum.
“There can be no development without modern education, and there is no modern education without innovative thinking and applying unconventional methods. You have confirmed your excellent ability to think and act that way by introducing original and valuable fields of study to educational offer of your school,” Grażyna Kaczmarczyk, President of the Education and Higher Education Development Foundation Board told the winners of the Studies with a Good Future competition winners.
The Studies with a Good Future accreditation certificate is granted to a course of study that meets all or most of the following criteria:
- Stands out at the educational market with its modern concept of educating and high quality of the curriculum,
- Is adjusted to the job market needs and the social and economic expectations of the university environment,
- Is run in such a way that it can transfer updated, modern knowledge and develop in students such skills and social competence that are desired by the employers,
- Applies modern, innovative teaching methods and unique methods of the educational outcomes evaluation,
- Ensures the students opportunities to achieve innovative outcomes of education that are attractive at the job market,
- Suits the mission and strategy of the university development.