The purpose of the Program, implemented since 2009, is to initiate cooperation between beneficiaries of various PAFF programs promoting the creation of partnerships around the implementation of projects serving the local communities’ common good. The partnerships emerge in communes where several projects financed within the Foundations’ programs have been carried out (including “Act Locally”, “PAFF Leaders”, “English Teaching”, “Equal Opportunities”, “Learning Schools”, “Student Volunteers”, “For Children”, “Citizen and Law” and “Region in Transition”). They comprise self-governments, nongovernmental organizations, firms and local media and are led by the Act Locally Centers.
Fifteen partnerships implementing their activities in thirty communes took part in the first two editions of the Program. The results of the projects carried out include a change of legal regulations in order to decrease atmospheric pollution in Żywiec, setting up the first Internet youth radio in Nidzica, and creating of the “Rafter’s Club” in Solec nad Wisłą.
Within the current edition the grants have been awarded to:
– The Foundation for the Collegium Polonicum (leader) for the “Small towns portrayed” project (lubuskie voivodeship);
– The “RAMŻA” Local Fund (leader) for the “From preschoolers to seniors” project (śląskie voivodeship);
– The Biłgoraj Community Foundation (leader) for the “Creating the common space in Biłgoraj” project (lubelskie voivodeship);
– The Association for the Assistance to Children and Youth (leader) for the “Mazurian incubator of the regional tradition” project (warmińsko-mazurskie voivodeship);
– The Center for Business Promotion and Entrepreneurship in Sandomierz (leader) for the “Dwikozy Commune in partnership with the environment” project (świętokrzyskie voivodeship);
– The We and Europe Association (leader) for the “Get to know your surroundings” project (mazowieckie voivodeship);
– The “Drawa Partnership” Local Acting Group Association (leader) for the “Great friendship between Drawa and Złocieniec communes” project (zachodniopomorskie voivodeship);
Their implementation will begin in September 2012 and last until October 2013.
The Program has also resulted in creating a method of animating local communities, developed by experts of the Unit for Social Innovation and Research “Shipyard” Foundation and then presented in the publication “How to build the common good?”, published by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland.