Five new partnerships, five start-ups and four partnerships of a pilot stage were selected on October 1 by Recommending Committee for the 7th round of the “PAFF Local Partnerships” Program.
Participation in the program is meant to be a reward for active beneficiaries of Foundation’s programs operating for the good of their communities in municipalities or rural communes with population of up to 50,000 who over the period of last four years have implemented projects under at least three of the following programs of the Foundation: “Act Locally”, “Equal Opportunities”, “English Teaching”, Library Development Program, “PAFF Leaders”, “Seniors in Action”, “Learning Schools”, and “Region in Transition” (RITA). The program also serves initiating cooperation among participants of the programs – they get an invitation to the program, and next set up an Initiative Group that participates in the program tutoring covering the local community animation method with special emphasis put on local community needs diagnosis, and looks for potential partners in the project implementation, such as local government, companies, media, NGOs and other institutions.
The 7th round of the program includes also for the first time a pilot path for such Initiative Groups that are established by themselves provided that at least one member has participated in at least one PAFF program, identifies with values and the mission of the Foundation and can present potential to implement a partnership initiative.
The following projects were selected for grants of PLN 60,000 – 80,000 in the 7th round of the program:
- Płużnica Sharing (Płużnicka Współdzielnia), the Initiative Group is composed of: e-Mission Center of Information Technologies Association (Stowarzyszenie Centrum Technologii Informacyjnych e-Misja) (“RITA”, “Equal Opportunities”) – leader, Local Initiatives Forge in Lisewo (Kuźnia Inicjatyw Lokalnych w Lisewie (Act Locally Center – ALC), Marcin Skonieczka (“PAFF Leaders”), Płużnica rural community, Kujawsko-Pomorskie province;
- Culture for Space (Kultura dla przestrzeni), the Initiative Group is composed of: Gołdap Local fund Association (Stowarzyszenie Gołdapski Fundusz Lokalny) (ALC) – leader, Wioletta Anuszkiewicz (“PAFF Leaders”), Public Library in Gołdap (Library Development Program), Gołdap municipality, Warmińsko-Mazurskie province;
- Orneta Idea Giving Plant (Pomysłownia Ornety), the Initiative Group is composed of: Franciszek Chruściel Municipal Cultural Center in Orneta (“Equal Opportunities”), Municipal and Communal Public Library in Orneta (Library Development Program), Third Age University (“Seniors in Action”), Orneta municipality, Warmińsko-Mazurskie province;
- We Put Down Roots 2 (ZaPuszczamy Korzenie II), start-up of the 6th round, the Initiative Group is composed of: Lady Sue Ryder Non-Public Elementary School in Wola Batorska (“English Teaching”) – leader, School of Dialogue Foundation (“RITA”), St. Kinga Local Government Kindergarten in Podłęż (“Learning Schools”), Niepołomice municipality, Małopolskie province;
- TV For Sure (TV na MUR BETON), start-up of the 6th round, the Initiative Group is composed of: Let’s Act Together Association of Bukowiec Village (“Equal Opportunities”) – leader, Gabriela Góra (“PAFF Leaders”), Międzyrzecz Cultural Center (Library Development Program), Elementary School in Bukowiec (“Learning Schools”), Międzyrzecz municipality, Lubuskie province.
The Committee also awarded start-up grants of PLN 20,000 to five Initiative Groups whose projects have potential. The grants are for improving the common good idea and implementation of a part of activities, as well as for Common Good Lab Animator’s support.
- Memory Maps – Memory on Maps (Mapy Pamięci – Pamięć na Mapach), the Initiative Group is composed of: Spirit of Mountains Partnership Local Activity Group (LGD Partnerstwo Ducha Gór) (ALC) – leader, Mountains of Crazy Opportunities Association (“Equal Opportunities”), Magdalena Kudelska (“PAFF Leaders”), Janowice rural commune, Dolnośląskie province;
- We Build Bridges (Budujemy MOSTy), the Initiative Group is composed of: 1. Baranówko Initiative Group Association (“Equal Opportunities”) – leader, AMBITIO Association (“English Teaching”), School Complex in Rogalinek (“Learning Schools”), Mosina municipality, Wielkopolskie province;
- Kociewie Wedding (Kociewskie wesele), the Initiative Group is composed of: Enterprise Incubator Association of Świecie Region Economic Development (ALC) – leader, Dorota Dembińska (“PAFF Leaders”), Communal Center of Sports and Recreation in Górna Grupa (“Equal Opportunities”), Dragacz rural community, Kujawsko-Pomorskie province;
- -Teen And -Ty Our Common Nook (-Naście… i… -siąt >> nasz wspólny kąt), the Initiative Group is composed of: Association of Active Women (“Equal Opportunities”) – leader, G. Morcinek Elementary School No. 4 (“Learning School”), Social Initiatives Development Center (ALC), Gabriela Chromik (“PAFF Leaders”), Radlin municipality, Śląskie province;
- Our Common Włodawa (Wspólna Włodawa), the Initiative Group is composed of: Friends of Włodawa Region Society – leader, Janusz Adam Kloc (“PAFF Leaders”), Municipal Public Library in Włodawa (Library Development Program, “RITA”), informal Live Speech Group – leader: Aleksandra Zińczuk (“PAFF Leaders”), Włodawa municipality, Lubelskie province;
Under the pilot path the grants of PLN 20,000 were awarded to the following projects:
- What Do We Need? Let’s Act! (Czego nam trzeba? – działamy!), the Initiative Group is composed of: ArteWeda Association of Creative Activities (Stowarzyszenie Działań Kreatywnych ArteWeda) – leader, Friends of Lądek Region Society, Center of Culture and Recreation in Lądek-Zdrój;
- Thematic Village – Barn of Secrets (Wioska tematyczna – Spichlerz tajemnic), the Initiative Group is composed of: Barn Association of Local Activities – leader, Czerniczanki Farmers’ Wives Club, Cultural Center in Czernica, Horizons of Culture Social Cooperative, Seniors with Vigor informal group, Czernica village Head – Adam Mróz;
- Szumowo Traditions Kaleidoscope (Kalejdoskop Tradycji Szumowskich), the Initiative Group is composed of: The Gate to Swamps Local Action Group – leader, Communal Cultural Center in Szumowo and Szumowo rural commune
- Natural Heritage Is Our Common Cause (,Dziedzictwo Przyrodnicze to nasza wspólna sprawa), the Initiative Group is composed of: Natural Heritage Foundation – leader, Gate to Eastern Carpathians Local Tourist Organization and Celina Pieniążek – owner of agritourist farm;
Planned activities relate, among other things, to developing local offer of informal education, creating common space for social activity, taking care of cultural and natural heritage in the region including ecological aspects, local tradition and multiculturalism, building intergenerational bonds or town space appearance and street-art.
Implementation of the initiatives, that jointly involve 14 rural communes and municipalities, will last till November 2021.
So far in 6 rounds of the program a total of 45 PAFF Local Partnerships have been established, covering 97 municipalities and rural communes and involving over 780 partners. The program is managed by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland.