The 2022 grant pool amounts to PLN 3.5 million. The funds come from the Polish-American Freedom Foundation and contributions of Act Locally Centers that organize grant competitions annually. At least a million Polish zlotys will be allocated to the special “Act Locally and in Solidarity with Ukraine” grant path, aimed at supporting no fewer than 200 projects.
Non-governmental organizations and informal groups operating in villages and towns of up to 20,000 residents can apply for grants to local initiatives to help Ukraine.
Funds can be then allocated to:
- supporting local communities which are hosting refugees;
- providing integration and adaptation services to people fleeing from Ukraine, e.g., legal, educational, and psychological aid;
- helping Ukrainian refugees and organizing their stay in Poland, e.g., coordinating humanitarian aid;
- contact, coordination, and information points;
- purchasing the necessities for Ukrainians to use during their stay in Poland: clothing, cleaning products, household equipment;
- organizing donation drives (to collect money and essentials).
Any „Act Locally and in Solidarity with Ukraine” actions must be taken in communes covered by the activities of an Act Locally Center.
More details are available in the competition rules published by individual Act Locally Centers.
We only accept online submissions at www.system.dzialajlokalnie.pl
„Act Locally” is a program of the Polish-American Freedom Foundation implemented by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland in cooperation with a network of 78 Act Locally Centers. “Act Locally” supports and activates local communities in rural areas and small towns by implementing citizen projects which are important to local residents. These projects trigger aspirations to pursue development and improve quality of life as well as contribute to building social capital. Since 2000 “Act Locally” has provided support to more than 13,000 local projects involving more than 4 million participants, including about 230,000 volunteers.
„Act Locally Centers” are organizations which conduct local grant competitions. They disburse funds delivered by PAFF, local governments, businesses and private individuals. ALCs also provide training and advisory service as well as support for volunteers.