Grants under the “RITA” Program can be awarded for projects supporting democratic, social and economic transformation implemented by Polish NGOs and their partner organizations from Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia countries. Such projects shall essentially consist in sharing the Polish experience.
The program, launched in 2000, is addressed to non-governmental organizations and educational institutions willing to share Poland’s experiences of social and economic transformation with partners from other Eastern European countries, the Caucasus and Central Asia. The grant competition is for partnership projects implemented in: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
To be eligible, the projects submitted to the competition shall be implemented in at least one of the following areas:
- social or welfare problems;
- education and upbringing;
- entrepreneurship development;
- cultural heritage;
- development and support for NGOs;
- development and support for local government;
- development of modern, independent media.
- Grants of up to PLN 60,000;
- Project implementation period: up to 12 months;
- The projects need to be planned and implemented jointly with a partner in the country covered by the program
- Minimal own contribution: 15% of total project value (provided as financial, in-kind or personal contribution).
The Competition Rules and the Cost Eligibility Rules are available on: www.programrita.org.
The deadline for applications is on October 15th, at 12:00 hrs.