N@I supports schools in teaching students scientific thinking, exploring the world, independent learning skills, teamwork, or applying newly-acquired knowledge in practice.
Each course takes several months, usually from October to May. Teachers learn methods and techniques, test them in their work with students and analyze their experiences. The analyzing process carried out by a course participant facilitates commenting and dialogue with their mentor – an experienced teacher, as well as sharing experience with teachers of the same school subject participating in the course.
The courses will be held on the following subjects:
- How to motivate students to learning?
- Formative assessment – basic course
- Formative assessment – basic course for early school education teachers
- Formative assessment – advanced course
- Good lesson with formative assessment – advanced course
- Key competences in work with students
- Working with students using project method
- 1st Class Teacher – course for early school education teachers
- 1st Class Mathematics – course for early school education teachers
- School at school and School in the network
- OK Notebook
The participants of the course test methods they are learning in work at their school and share opinions and experiences with other participants of the course, and inspire each other. Over the whole course they are also supported by mentors who comment their reports, answer questions, give advice and share their experience. The courses are run on a special Internet platform that is easy to use and user friendly.
The courses are composed of several parts. In each module the participants first learn presented inspiring practice of teaching, theories and examples, then they choose methods which they find interesting and implement them in their work with students and report their opinions in reports which they post on the course platform. The virtual training is supplemented with online meetings of all participants (webinars, meetings with mentors), internal meetings of school teams of N@I participants, and meetings with other teachers of the school staff.
Deadline for applications to the courses held in 2021/22 school year is on September 30, 2021.