The Leaders of Change Foundation, the Manager of Lane Kirkland Scholarships Program, in cooperation with Kosciuszko Foundation and PAFF are announcing the start of recruitment to the pilot scholarship program in the USA. The program is addressed to Kirkland Program alumni coming from Ukraine and is financed by Kosciuszko Foundation.
In 2019/20 academic year the program offers one scholarship paid over the period from 3 to 6 months (from September 1, 2019 to August 30, 2020) for studies, research and/or university teaching activities at a university or other academic institutions in the United States in the area of research related to Poland.
The scholarship amounts to US$ 3,000 a month (flat rate); the scholarship holder is obliged to cover the cost of travelling, including the journey to and from the USA (both ways), accommodation (lodging and meals) and compulsory health insurance as required by a university/research institution (ca. US$ 1.5 per day).
Candidates shall meet the following criteria:
- be Lane Kirkland Program alumni;
- have got the Ukrainian citizenship and a permanent residence address in Ukraine;
- have got at least an M.A./M.Sc. degree and registered for PhD conferment procedure; preferred candidates are those who already hold PhD degree;
- are fluent in English (are able to study and do research in the USA);
- represent any fields of studies and/or research related to Poland;
Candidates shall indicate in their forms the university or academic institution in the USA where they want to do their research and which they have already established contacts with regarding that issue. If it is impossible for a candidate to do so, Kosciuszko Foundation can help them in establishing such contact (if indicated in the form).
Deadline for applications is on October 10, 2018.
Inquiries regarding the competition and the scholarship can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found on: www.kirkland.edu.pl.