Within this initiative, two-person teams of “PROJECTOR” student volunteers introduce the subject of patriotism to school students and pupils from small towns of up to 20,000 inhabitants during five-day workshops. On the last day young participants have an opportunity to meet a special guest.
The Honorary Volunteers included:
– Minister Jacek Michałowski, Presidential Chancellery Chief, who visited the School Complex in Stegny in Pomorskie Voivodeship;
– Professor Tomasz Nałęcz, Advisor to the President of Poland, who visited the Elementary School in Sobieszczany in Lubelskie Voivodship;
– Henryk Wujec, Advisor to the President of Poland, who met with the students of Józef Twaróg School Complex in Księżomierz in Lubelskie Voivodship;
– Minister Maciej Klimczak, Undersecretary of State at the Chancellery of the President of Poland, who met with the students of Non-public School-and-Preschool Complex in Idzbark in Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodship
– Jan Lityński, Advisor to the President of Poland, who visited the Elementary School in Łaziec in Śląskie Voivodship;
– Minister Sławomir Rybicki, Secretary of State at the Chancellery of the President of Poland, who met with the students of Prelate Józef Bigus Elementary School in Banin, in Pomorskie Voivodeship;
– Minister Olgierd Dziekoński, Secretary of State at the Chancellery of the President of Poland, who summed up the project carried out by students of Elementary School No 3 in Gołdap in Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodship;
– Minister Irena Wóycicka, Undersecretary of State at the Chancellery of the President of Poland who visited Peasant Battalions School Complex in Ursynów in Mazowieckie Voivodship.
The Honorary Volunteers discussed the meaning of modern patriotism with children and youth, talked about the history of Poland, shared their experiences in public sphere activity, and answered the questions about their everyday work. They also joined the students in various knowledge competitions, plays, and workshops.
The “Modern Patriotism” project is implemented within the “PROJECTOR – Student Volunteers” Program by the Foundation for the Development of Voluntary Service in cooperation with the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland. President Bronisław Komorowski has assumed honorary patronage over the initiative.
The “PROJECTOR – student volunteers” Program is the Polish-American Freedom Foundation’s Program implemented by the Foundation for the Development of Voluntary Service. This Program is aimed at equalizing educational opportunities for children and youth living in rural areas and small towns. Within the Program groups of student volunteers implement in their free time educational projects they have prepared to develop knowledge, skills and interests of children and youth. The Program promotes active attitudes among both school and university students, developing their sense of social responsibility. In the editions of this Program conducted since 2003, over 16,000 educational projects have been conducted in 1,200 schools all over Poland in which more than 7,500 student volunteers took part. The Program was supported by two former prime ministers, Professor Jerzy Buzek and Professor Marek Belka, who, in 2007, took part in summer-vacation activities with school children. Also the network of institutional partners, such as schools of higher education, local authorities and media, was established and now more than 40 institutions belong to it.