It was already 22nd round of competition that gives students the opportunity to verify their knowledge and skills, try to solve practical problems faced in business and have a go at negotiations. The competition was participated by teams of 3rd year students of full-time university courses in economics, finance and management from all over Poland.
The competition was held in stages. On the first day, teams worked on recommendations for launching production in new technology, considering the expected products range structure. Five teams qualified to the next stage, where they had to prepare a presentation that would persuade an IT company Board and employees to introduce the Employee Pension Scheme in the company. To the last, third, stage two teams qualified. They held the round of negotiation, and the Cracow University of Economics team won.
The members of 5 best teams received the following prizes:
- The 1st degree award in the amount of PLN 2,500 (per each team member) was won by the team of Cracow University of Economics;
- The 2nd degree award in the amount of PLN 2,000 (per each team member) was won by the team of Poznań University of Economics and Business;
- The 3rd degree award in the amount of PLN 1,500 (per each team member) was won by the team of WSB University of Dąbrowa Górnicza;
2 awards in the amount of PLN 500 (per each team member) went to:
- The team of University of Łódź;
- The team of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń;
“The students had to show their ability to select relevant information, analyze complex problems, think in critical and creative way, and cooperate within teams with clear division of responsibilities,” says Zofia Sapijaszka, the President of the Enterprise Education Foundation which was the organizer of the competition.
Every day after the competition stage had ended, the participants had an opportunity to take part in seminars, where members of the Competition Committee and the students analyzed possible solutions of the tasks, and shared their knowledge.
The competition was supervised by the Competition Committee composed of academics and experts. The Chairperson of the Committee was Prof. Bożena Kołosowska. The competition was organized by the Educational Enterprise Foundation, and the prizes were funded by the Polish-American Freedom Foundation.