Launched in 2004 the “Study Tours to Poland” program is addressed to active students and professionals coming from East European countries. The objective is to present them Poland as it is now and European Union, as well as develop and enhance professional and personal contacts of East European leaders and their Polish hosts.
“STP” for students means a dozen or so intensive days allowing young visitors learn about various aspects of life in Poland, also in European context; young people participate in educational workshops and have an opportunity to make friends and get to know their peers in neighboring countries. An important element of the program is also learning about the NGOs and all forms of civic activities.
The tour agenda includes, among other things:
- Meetings with public life leaders in Poland,
- Visits to and discussions at public offices and institutions,
- Learning culture and history of Poland,
- Getting to know the specificity of Polish regions,
- Visits to newspaper and magazine offices, radio and TV stations, meetings with journalists,
- Learning about NGOs, their place in the society, dialogue with authorities at various levels and their activities for the benefit of local communities,
- Presentations on innovations in business and business activity.
Study visits are prepared and run by experienced Polish NGOs selected in competitions. To date, the students visited Białystok, Gdańsk, Gdynia, Kraków, Lublin, Łódź, Nowy Sącz, Olsztyn, Poznań, Szczecin, Świętochłowice, Toruń, Warszawa and Wrocław, among other places. The “Study Tours to Poland” program offers the students accommodation with full board, support in getting visas and reimbursement of a part of the travel costs.
The program is managed by the Leaders of Change Foundation. And the student visits coordinator is Borussia Foundation.
The deadline for applications is on July 10, 2023.
The Rules and Regulations of the enrollment procedure and detailed criteria to be met by applicants can be found on the program home site. Application forms are available in English and Ukrainian.